Friday, June 19, 2009

Gown Shopping FAQ's

Why do I need to make an appointment to try on wedding gowns?
In order to give you the full attention of our experienced consultants, appointments are suggested.

Bring pictures of dresses you’ve seen on our website, in magazines, on www.theknot.com, or that you’ve tried on elsewhere. And bring an open mind: don’t be surprised if you find “the dress” on your first visit to Magnifique Boutique. We have plenty shoes and undergarments for you to use when you try on gowns.

Who should I bring to my appointment?
Bring the closest friend or family member whose opinion you value and who knows you well and with whom you want to share the experience of buying your gown. Bringing a lot of people can take the focus off of you.

May I take pictures of the gowns while I try them on?
Yes you may!

When should I order my veil and/or headpiece?
Special-order designer veils have a 3-4 months lead-time, so making a decision at the time you order your gown is helpful.

How far in advance do I need to buy my gown?
It's best to allow 4-6 months before your wedding to order a gown.

What is a special-order gown?
Most of the gowns we sell are special-order. A special-order gown is made specifically for you by a designer, based on the measurements we take from you, the designer then uses their pattern that is closest to your measurements to create your gown. Then if needed you have it altered for a perfect fit.

How do I pay for my gown?
We accept American Express, MasterCard, and Visa, as well as cash and personal checks.
Full payment is required upon ordering of the gown, if you need to cancel your order it must be within 5 days of the order being placed. Once the gown arrives and passed our quality control check we will call you and let you know the gown is in and to come in and have your fitting and make arrangements for alterations if needed.

HELP! I’m getting married less than 4 months – is it too late to get a gown from you?
No, it’s not too late, but every second counts! Your options include buying one of our samples off the rack or working with a consultant to determine which designers can meet your time frame for a "special order" gown, which could include an additional rush charge.

No comments:

Post a Comment